Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The road to good intentions.....

Well, I had intended to make this a great blog. I wanted to post throughout my journey as a student, a graduate, and then as I became a teacher. Hmmm, you can see how well that turned out. I am horrible. 

Where I am now...

Toward the end of my student teaching, I was asked to interview for a long-term sub. position at another school. It was for a first grade classroom, and would start in Jan. (I finished student teaching in November). How perfect! It was almost like I would pick up where I left off. I got the job and I LOVED it! There were some bumps along the way, but I handled them well. I began to love the students and love the school. I received lots of praise by many of the staff as they saw how I dealt with issues that came up (as they always do). Some outside sources were in the room to observe a student and they though I had been teaching for years (woohoo!). 

The position ended the first week of this month and I must say it was hard to say good-bye. Erasing my name off the board felt so final. Then I came home and was left with a "now what?" feeling. I had been so used to grading papers, writing lesson plans, creating centers, and looking for new ideas every weekend. I had been doing that since I started student teaching in August. I was left with nothing to do. 


I hope for a permanent position next year, but without knowing what grade it is hard to plan. I feel antsy. All of these ideas and they just bounce around my head waiting for an outlet.


The principal has asked me to interview for a 3rd grade position. At first I was terrified freaked out nervous about the idea, I have spent so many years in K, 1, and 2. However, I am excited at the possibility now. I have to wait a couple of weeks for the interview, but I am hopeful. I must say, the wait is so hard!. I do not do well with unknowns. I like to have a plan. Waiting is hard.


So, in the meantime, I am finding and reading as many 3rd grade blogs as I can find.....just in case (fingers crossed). 

No comments:

Post a Comment