Monday, April 29, 2013

Waiting is Hard

This waiting stuff is difficult for me. I am a planner (to the extreme sometimes). I like to have my ducks in a row, ya know? I like to know the Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How's of my life/future. Yet, here I sit with a big ole' ? staring at me. I don't like question marks when it comes to my future....they bug me.

I am LOVING the time at home spent with my little girl. She is enjoying it too. I know that when , if?, no when I get a job that this time will not be there; and yet I am still wanting to know what my future holds. 

I mentioned before that there is a possible 3rd grade spot at the school I long-termed at. I am just waiting patiently  (not really, more like stalking my e-mail several times a day) for the interview. While waiting, I have been stalking 3rd grade blogs, and filling a file on my desktop with all things third grade. I know it seems silly when I don't have the job yet....but it helps me feel like I am doing some sort of planning. It has worked so far, to keep my nerves and ambitious ideas at bay (and busy). Now, however, I feel like it is not enough. I need to be more prepared (for a job I don't even have! I know, I am a spaz). Sigh.

So, what did you do while waiting for your permanent spot? How did you bridge the working everyday on school,student teaching, lesson plans, grades, etc. (and for me it continued into a long-term sub. position) to the nothingness of waiting?  

No comments:

Post a Comment